Carter's first day of SECOND GRADE!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 |

I can't believe that our summer is over and Carter has returned to school. Second grade at that! My sweet baby Carter is in SECOND GRADE!!! Where in the world has the time gone?

Carter has been begging me since kindergarten to be able to ride the bus, and I just couldn't bring myself to let him do it. (mama protection/control freak thing goin' on here.......) So, this year I compromised with him.....he could ride the bus HOME! Can I tell you that I really didn't cry on his first day of kindergarten, but I cried when I went to the bus stop to wait for his return yesterday?? (Obviously I struggle with issues here.........but that's another day, another blog post all in itself at another time!! ha!ha!.........)
So, off he got with his "bus buds" after his first day of second grade, and we return to school mode. (and let me tell you.....it is a HUGE slap in the face after this wild crazy summer that we've had!)

    Subscribe Via Feed Subscribe to Technorati Subscribe to Google Subscribe to Yahoo! Subscribe to Blogmarks

11 comments: