How Rude Are You???

Monday, October 20, 2008 |

Time for a quick check!
Last week while I was at the gym, I was watching Oprah, and the title of the show was 'How Rude Are You?'
This was the test she gave her studio audience. Apparently if your answer is yes to any or all of these, you are considered to be self centered and rude.
Here's the test.

1) Are you chronically late?
Everyone is late from time to time, but if you are chronically late it just reveals your self centeredness and lack of respect for other people and their time. (okay, so Oprah said this, but I happen to agree with her TOTALLY!)

2) Have you ever typed an e-mail while talking on the phone?

3) Have you ever interrupted a face-to-face conversation to take a non-urgent cell phone call? OKAY, THIS ONE IS SOOOOOOOO RUDE!!! But then that is coming from someone who does NOT let her phone (home OR cell) govern her life.

4) Have you gone through a supermarket 10-item express lane with more than 10 items?

5) While among friends or co-workers, have you yawned without covering your mouth?

6) Have you ever texted or talked on a cell phone in a movie theater?

7) Have you let your dog relieve himself on your neighbor's lawn? R.U.D.E!!

8) Have you ever cut in front of someone in line?

9) Have you ever stolen someones parking spot?

10) Have you ever let your child kick the back of the seat in front of him and not apologized to his victim?

11) Have you ever not RSVP'd to an event by the date requested?

12) Have you ever gossiped? YIKES!!!!!!!!!! RUDE!!!! Oh my, This one EVERYONE is guilty of. I know I am. shamefully.

13) Have you ever taken someone else's food or drink from the office refrigerator?

Okay, I just thought this test was quite interesting, and definitely thought provoking. Though, according to Oprah and the guy who wrote the book, a large percentage of Americans are so self centered that they don't consider these things rude, just a way of life. Interesting. What do you think?


    Subscribe Via Feed Subscribe to Technorati Subscribe to Google Subscribe to Yahoo! Subscribe to Blogmarks

16 comments:

  • heidi
     

    I only answered yes to two of them, so I'm only 20% rude. *bats eyes innocently*

    Found you via heidi..and have added you to my heidi blogroll. Together we can take over the world! muuuhahahah!

    Gracious. That was my crazy showing through.

  • TUTU Monkey
     

    Ooops I had a few ......

    I hope I have not been rude not doing my tag.....;) It is on my list for this week...:)

    I think cellular phones have made people as a whole more rude...what do you think?

    Talk with you soon...we just got home and I HAD TO get on the computer for a "second".

  • Sandi
     

    i'm going to "vent", SINCE you brought it up........i especially agree with the cell phone rudeness! i have ALWAYS hated them for that very reason.........it is such a "slam" when in the middle of a convo and you are so abruptly interupted by a call........i realize there are exceptions....but overall....the calls could wait most of the time......it definitely makes me feel like i am second rate to that call, that is for sure........i didn't see Oprah....and don't really care for the woman all that much, however, she does have some great subjects.......this sounds like a good one and profitable...i hope!

  • Anonymous
     

    I can conclude that I am NOT a rude person!!! I do however run late to school more-often-than-not, but that's got more to do with a baby-come-toddler-come-pre-kindy-kid needing to use the lav at the worst time of day!!! NOTHING to do with me... Hope you're well and happy and enjoying the start to the week...

  • Lindsay-ann
     

    Oh I am so guilty of number 4 but I only have one or two extra items in my basket! I do miscount sometimes!!!
    Lindsay

  • Patricia
     

    I think I live, walk and move amongst a lot of RUDE people. That's what I think :)

  • BethAnne
     

    So I have done a couple of these once or twice ---I am not going to tell which ones I did, but will tell you that I have never stolen anyone's food from the office refrigerator.......why are you watching Oprah anyway?

  • Sandi
     

    i just wanted to add a side note.......lest you think i am judging any one.......i have been guilty of these things too......especially the "2 or 3 extra, little itty bitty items over the max number of items in my cart.....i never thought of itas being rude.........now i do.....i promise to NEVER do it again....... it is good to see things from the "other" side of the uh....COUNTER...shall we say??

  • heidi
     

    Yay! Thanks for coming to my blog. I left you a lil sumthin sumthin over there.

  • a boy a girl and a pug
     

    guilty of the dog one!! oops :-)

  • Anonymous
     

    I try not to be rude, but I'm guilty of a couple.
    You know what is right up there with being interupted for a cell call is call waiting. I hate that feature- I think it's rude.

  • tondays
     

    unfortunately, i did answer yes to a few of them. reality check for me!

  • Beki - TheRustedChain
     

    Well it's offical. I'm rude. :(

    I had to answer yes to 2 or 3 of these.

  • gina
     

    I am guilty of 2 and 12. Not bad but I guess the fact I think that's not bad is the whole point. In my defense (does it make me selfish and rude to want to defend myself?) there are tons of worse offenders out there and I am subject to them on a daily basis.

  • alliekat
     

    Maybe a little rude????? Mostly on the cell phone issues. I have had someone TAKE MY STUFF from the office refrigerator! I definitely felt it was rude at the time.

    I will try to do better...gotta go...gotta phone call! LOL

  • Ivette Falcon
     

    It's obvious that America has become a culture of extremely rude people (as evidenced on my flight to Orlando recently!!)... but thankfully, there are still a few kind, decent, well mannered people in the world (as evidenced by my return flight to Atlanta.)
    Enough said!!