Social Media

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 |

Hello, guess who? I've been thinking about givin' the whole blog thing another try. Well, maybe. I mean, it's an idea I've been tossing around. Ultimately I'm unsure of whether or not it's a GREAT idea or not, BUT, the good thing is, since when do I make great decisions daily anyways?? So, here we go. Tryin' it out. The blog that is. But I've already said that, so let's quietly move on.

I guess I should start with why I quit in the first place. Really there are many reasons, but at the top of the list is the fact that I have terrible A.D.D. As in ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER. Big time (just for the record, I am currently on day 6 or 7 without my adderall, so if I jump from one thing to the next or take you on a cute little bunny trail (incidentally, don't ya just love cute little bunnies?....and their trails? Oh, wait...), just push your mental ignore button....).
ADD interferes with what seems like everything in my life, and it definitely only gives me the "short term only" choice when it comes to projects/ideas/jobs/creativity... I get bored with things quite fast. Too fast. Currently working on earning the "long term version" choice, but success does not seem to be in my favor. It's HARD! I don't know how people do the same thing day in and day out for years and years and years and years, oh wait, I have A.D.D., not tourettes. Sorry (don't forget about that ignore button....).
Also, I'm watching The Voice right now, and I may start to accidentally type lyrics, so keep that i.b. quite close (have I mentioned that I like to abbreviate things? Things that only I would know what they meant? Yet, I will still do it, so pay attention, as in P.A.).

Like I said, there were many reasons for quitting the blog thing. Let's do this bullet point style to avoid the long, drug out A.D.D. induced sentences (not that I even expect anybody will even be reading this! For the 3 of you who are, here we go;)
Reasons I quit blogging:
-ADD
-Overwhelmed with feeling like I had to read EVERY person's blog that left me a comment
-Too much time
-Women are caddy, and it shows in their blogs (oh, btw, when I quit writing my own blog, I quit reading ALL blogs.....even the ones I loved;()
Finally, and probably the number 2 reason I quit:
-It seemed like it was becoming a competition. I would get "awarded" this award and that, and then felt pressure to reciprocate. This is not why I started blogging. I originally started blogging to document our life (not caring whether anyone even read it or not) and thought it would be fun to publish someday. Somewhere along the way I took a left turn and then another left turn and then....well, you get the point.

I also started blogging because I enjoy to write. I love to tell a story with a sarcastic, humor filled slant to it, but when you put that online for people who don't know you, and have never even met you to read, you open yourself up to criticism due to their own interpretations of what you write, and what they THINK you must believe or be like in real life, or what they THINK you meant. And, uh, strangers aren't afraid to tell you exactly what they think (I wonder if they DID know me, and knew that I'm not one to generally care what another thought of me, if they would still waste whatever time it took them to write their negative opinion. Probably. Just curious though).
Did I say I was going to avoid the long drug out sentences? Oops again. Heidi style. As in not Brittney style. Never mind. Moving on.

So clearly I've left out two other reasons the blog died a slow death. You SO know what I'm about to say. or write. So let's all say it together. Slowly. Just for drama. FFFFFFFAAAAAACCCCCCCEEEEEBBBBBBOOOOOKKKKK, and TTTTTWWWWWIIIIITTTTTEEEEERRRRR.
Good job.
And really, what is there to say about that anyways? There isn't a person reading this (and yes I know I lost one of the 3 back at Brittney, but for the both of you left....) that doesn't know the pull of one or both of these social media sources. Nuff said. And plus, I have already used up my long ADD induced sentence limit. Well, maybe. Blog entry still not over. I digress. Again.

So, this entry was intended to be a blog about social media. Facebook and Twitter. And my current opinion about them. HOWEVER, I have COMPLETELY lost focus and really have no idea what I was going to say in the first place, or even what my opinion IS, so I need to go to bed. Or wash dishes. Or laundry (you should SEEEEEE THAT pile btw....oh, and I also use abbreviations that everyone should know too. Like btw. Just thought you'd like to know that I sometimes can go with the flow. It's just not my forte).

Well, that pretty much sums it up. TOTALLY not sure what IT is, but look forward to rereading this to see if I can find it!!
Here's to hoping I gitchee gitchee ooh la la......oops, couldn't resist. Christina Aguilera. In the background. I.T.B.

    Subscribe Via Feed Subscribe to Technorati Subscribe to Google Subscribe to Yahoo! Subscribe to Blogmarks

4 comments: